Museums

 MASLAK PAVILION
 
II. Abdulhamid, the Maslak Pavilion heir during his stay, which is of particular interest, as well as carpentry, gardening maintenance was interested in the scientific method. At the greenhouse with an extension of the Imperial, which include rare flowers. Especially Mabeyn- i Humayun's exhibits another interesting property of the conservatory Maslak pavilions. Abdulhamid raised camellia trees that he brought from the conservatory trained in France. Trees, flowers and vegetables which oversees the maintenance of agricultural and forestry experts brought from Europe. Also there were different kind of trees  and flowers over here and centuries-old Cycads (Cycas) trees. There are pools in the garden, there are large ponds. It has an  interesting for its architectural style and decorations.
 
Tel:(212) 276 10 23
 
 

 


RUMELI HISAR  CASTLE 
 
The strait side is Hisarli district with the same name. While preparing for the conquest of Istanbul, in order to prevent aid may come from the Byzantine Bosphorus was built by Sultan Mehmet in 1452. The fortress is located across the narrowest part of the Strait and Anatolian Fortress. These balls are placed in the throat due to the passage of two forts were closed completely vessel.Some time after Fatah it lost  importance for the defense of the fortress, where death row inmates are executed criminal of the Janissaries, some statesmen and was used as a dungeon where he was imprisoned by foreign representatives. Finally, repaired in 1953 and added to the open-air theater into a fortress, it is now used as a museum.
Year of Foundation Year: 2000

 
 
Visiting Hours:  Except Monday, other days 9:00 to 17:00. 
Address:Ferahevler. Nuri Paşa St No: 81 Sarıyer
Tel: (212)263 53 05
 

 


SABANCI MUSEUM 

Sabancı University's Sakıp Sabancı Museum is located in Emirgan, at one of Istanbul's oldest settlements on the Bosphorus.
In 1925, Prince Mehmed Ali Hasan of the Hidiv family of Egypt commissioned the Italian architect Edouard De Nari to build the villa, now the museum's main building, and it was used as a summer house for many years by various members of the Hidiv family.

 
After the mansion was purchased in 1951 by industrialist Hacı Ömer Sabancı from Princess Iffet, a member of the Hidiv family, as a summer residence, it came to be known as Atlı Köşk, “The Mansion with the Horse”, because of the statue of a horse (purchased in the same year) that was installed in the garden; the statue is the 1864 work of the French sculptor Louis Doumas.

 
A second horse sculpture on the grounds of Atlı Köşk that gave the mansion its name is the cast of one of the four horses taken from Sultanahmet square in Istanbul when it was looted by Crusaders during the Fourth Crusade in 1204 and removed to the Basilica of San Marco in Venice.
 
After the death of Hacı Ömer Sabancı in 1966, Atlı Köşk began to be used permanently as a home by Sakıp Sabancı in 1974 as the eldest of the family, and for many years housed Sakıp Sabancı's rich collection of calligraphy and paintings. In 1998, together with its collection and furnishings, the mansion was bequeathed to Sabancı University by the Sabancı family to be transformed into a museum.
With the annex of a modern gallery, the exhibition areas of the museum opened to visitors in 2002; with a further extension of the layout in 2005, the technical level of the museum reached international standards.
Today Sabancı University Sakıp Sabancı Museum presents a versatile museological environment with its rich permanent collection, the comprehensive temporary exhibitions that it hosts, its conservation units, model educational programs and the various concerts, conferences and seminars held there.
 
Visiting Hours
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday : 10:00-18:00
Wednesday: 10:00-20:00
Closed Mondays.
 
The last tickets are sold 30 minutes before the Museum’s closing time.
How To Get To The Museaum 
a) By Land
 
The closest bus stop is at Emirgan Çınaraltı on the shore. Buses on that route:
22RE Kabataş - Reşitpaşa
25E    Kabataş - Sariyer
22      Kabataş - İstinye Dereiçi
40      Taksim  - Sariyer
40T    Taksim  - İstinye Dereiçi
42T    Taksim – Bahçeköy
EL2    Emirgân - 4. Levent Metro Ring (Subway)
 
b) SSM more accessible with Dentur Avrasya!
S.U. Sakıp Sabancı Museum aims to offer easier access to its visitors by collaborating with the boat transport group Dentur Avrasya, which has a stop in Emirgan on its route. Dentur-Avrasya organizes daily tours of the Bosphorus with stops at the National Palaces, which offers a single ticket tour on Kabataş - Beşiktaş - Emirgan - Küçüksu - Beylerbeyi route. SSM visitors benefit from TL15 reduced rate with their Dentur ticket. 
 
Ferry lines
Ferry from İstinye, Kanlıca, Kandilli, Anadoluhisarı, Bebek, Arnavutköy ve Çengelköy to Emirgan.
Fast ferry (seabus) from Beşiktaş and Kadıköy to İstinye.
Please visit the address www.sehirhatlari.com.tr for detailed information.
http://www.sakipsabancimuzesi.org/en
Address: Sakıp Sabancı Museum Sakıp Sabancı Caddesi, 42 Emirgan 34467 Istanbul
Phone: +90 212 277 22 00
Fax: +90 212 229 49 14
e-mail: ssminfo@sabanciuniv.edu
 

VEHBİ KOÇ FOUNDATION SADBERK HANIM MUSEUM

 
Vehbi Koç Foundation’s Sadberk Hanım Museum is Turkey’s first private museum intended to exhibit the private collection of Sadberk Koç, the wife of Vehbi Koç. The Museum was opened on 14 October 1980 at a building called the Azaryan Mansion in Sarıyer-Büyükdere.
 
Azaryan Mansion was built at the end of the 19th century and was purchased by Koç family in 1950. It was used as the family’s summer retreat until they decided to convert the building into a museum in 1978. Between 1978-80, the building was subjected to a restoration project by Sedat Hakkı Eldem and was converted into a museum.
 
The museum's collection initially consisted of the private collection of Sadberk Koç, which included traditional costumes, embroidery, silver artefacts with "tuğra" and porcelain and suchlike artefacts, and in due course was augmented with donations and purchases. Following the demise of Hüseyin Kocabaş, one of the greatest collectors of Turkey, his collection was also added to the Sadberk Hanım Museum’s Collection. In 1983, Vehbi Koç Foundation has decided to purchase the neighbouring mansion that is believed to have been built around the beginning of the 20th century to accommodate the Hüseyin Kocabaş Collection and the mansion’s facade was restored in the original form. The mansion’s restoration project was prepared by Architect Ibrahim Yalçın and on 24 October 1988 the mansion building was opened to public as the annex and it was named "Sevgi Gönül Building". In 1988, the building was chosen as an example for contemporary museums for its exhibition layout and it was honoured with the Europa Nostra” Award.
 
Whilst at the time of its foundation Sadberk Hanım Museum contained 3.000 pieces, at present, the inventory reached more than 18.000 pieces of artefacts in its collection. Archaeological relics belonging to Anatolian civilisation from 6th millennium B.C. till the end of the Byzantines are being housed in the Sevgi Gönül Building. Islamic artefacts with Ottoman emphasise, European, Far Eastern and Near Eastern artefacts that were produced for the Ottomans, woven textiles from the Ottoman era, garments and embroideries are being exhibited in the Azaryan Building.
 
Büyükdere Piyasa Cad. No: 27- 29 Sarıyer/ISTANBUL
Phone: +90(212) 242 38 13 -14
Fax: +90(212) 242 03 65
e-mail: shm@biri.com.tr


    Bus Services

153        Bahçeköy-Sarıyer
25A        Rumeli Kavağı-4.Levent Metro
25E        Sarıyer-Kabataş
25T        Sarıyer-Taksim
40B        Sarıyer-Beşiktaş
41          Sarıyer-4.Levent Metro
42K        Kazımkarabekir-Sarıyer
42KT      Sarıyer-Kocataş
59RS      Rumelihisarüstü-Sarıyer  

SERPUS MUSEUM
 
The headgear is Duatepe Park Museum in Hisarustu. This open-air museum was established with the initiative of the Turkish Cultural Services Foundation and was inaugurated on 12.07.1989. The headgear used in Turkey in the museum (title types) as a result of research carried out on tombstones have been prepared.
Tel:(212)249 56 83
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

URAL ATAMAN CLASSIC CAR MUSEUM

During the 1950s and 1960s classic cars, rare fire trucks, motorcycles, trucks are exhibited. Classic cars of the fifties and sixties years and starting the way of life in this period in order to catch a line can come together classic and contemporary space, about 2000 m2 of land on using reinforced concrete and steel construction, built the museum exhibited 50 vehicles at the moment.
Year of foundation: 2000
 
Visit Hours: Visits are open to visitors Saturdays between 11.00-18.00.
Address : Ferahevler Nuri Pasa St. No: 81 Sarıyer
Tel: (212)299 45 39
Fax:(212)299 45 48
www.atamanmuseum.com